Thursday, January 6, 2011

Worrying About Tomorrow

My campus minister just emailed me to tell me that he has turned in his reference in to Emily. 2 down 3 more to go. Along with that information, Marc also said, "Have you thought more about the $ thing? I'm pretty concerned about that for you! (Virginia lottery? Other ideas?) Churches are broke...You will need some powerhouse individuals to swing 30K! Will pray." My initial reaction was I thought I was going to be sick. And then I started stressing and freaking out, hence this post.

I have no idea how to raise support!!! But in my sinful mind it all rests on my severe lack of knowledge to get to this internship if I am accepted. I have to raise over $30,000! I have never raised more than $150 before and I never even asked for it, someone just heard through the grapevine I was going on a missions trip. So needless to say I am freaking out! If my campus minister who literally does this for a living has no idea what I am going to do, how am I supposed to do it??? What am I supposed to do??? That is more money than I have ever made in my entire life! And I don't know a bunch of rich people sitting around looking for a good cause to give too. I don't come from a big church nor do I have a lot of connections outside of churches. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
...

Matt 6: 25-34
"Therefore, I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what will you wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you - you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and all His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough troubles of its own."

Lord the only way I am going to do this is with Your help and Your guidance. There is literally no other way I can do this without You. And You are showing me that through this freak out. I need You and if this was going to be easy I would forget that and take all the credit. You know where You want me. Whether that is at a campus, ministering to girls or whether that is here in Lynchburg for a while longer, although that thought kills me. I have to trust You. I will go insane if I don't. God, I am freaking out. I am scared. I am doubting Your faithfulness and wisdom. But I have to put aside all of that and rest in You no matter how scary and unclear things may get. I must step out in faith, as I should do always, and give it over to You. God help me! You are at work.

Please pray for and with me, everyone! Not just that I will raise the support but most importantly that I will trust my Father and rest in His guidance and His plan. That I won't freak out but that I will have peace in Him and I will be still and know that He is God.
And if you know of any rich people who don't need their money feel free to send them my way! Hahaha!

God IS at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment