Monday, July 11, 2011

Everyone said, "Why Chattanooga?"

For all those people out there who keep asking "Why, Chattanooga?"  Well I'll tell you!

# 1 ~ Great strolling...
Pedestrian Bridge - downtown
# 2 ~ Great scenery...
Rock City - overlooking the entire city
# 3 ~ Family friendly...
Coolidge Park - across the river
Tennessee Aquarium - downtown
# 4 ~ Unique attractions...
Riverboat Tours - on the river
# 5 ~ Cool restaurants...
Knowing how much I love food, this has to be a given...





# 6 ~ Historical Restoration...
Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel - downtown
# 7 ~ Fun Community Events...
Ross's Landing - site of Riverbend Festival, Boat parades, 4th of July celebrations and more!
# 8 ~ My "Sister" Mandi...

There also is the matter of having my dear friend Mandi, whom I have known literally all of my life. Our parents were best friends and kind of shared raising rights with all four of us (me and my brother and her and her brother).  We grew up together; she babysat me for years; I was her mini-me and followed her everywhere she went and copied everything she did; when she got her ears pierced I wanted to get mine pierced, etc. She is really more like my sister then anything.  That title really is the only one that seems to fit our relationship.  Mandi and her husband, Greg, moved to Chattanooga right after they got married 7 years ago and it was really hard to see her go.  So being back near her makes Chattanooga look even better!  Man I miss that woman :) This brings me to...

# 9 ~ My "Niece" Caitrin... 

Mandi's precious daughter, Caitrin, who is turning 2 tomorrow! (Happy birthday Baby Girl! I love you!) This kid is literally the cutest thing you will ever see in your entire life and living in the same city as her and being able to have tea parties and play in the pool and watch birds outside with her whenever I want would be the coolest thing ever!!  Last but definitely not least...

# 10 ~ My "Niece" or "Nephew" on the way... 

Just this weekend Mandi announced to the whole family that she is pregnant!!! They say many hands make light the work and that being the case I want to be close to offer mine whenever they are needed.

There you go.  Now you see why Chattanooga is my favorite city ever!  So here's praying I find a job
TTFN
Rach~

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!! A new post - which btw - I love!!! We're praying God opens a door down there for you and that He does it sooner rather than later. Enjoyed our time with you over the weekend. Much love, Mama #2

    ReplyDelete